Pizza is one of those popular foods that many find hard to resist, and the trend for adding just about anything to the basic ingredients – dough, tomato and cheese – that first made it a worldwide worldwide phenomena has elevated this lunchtime treat to a tasty filling meal.
Below is a list of ingredients for making a seafood pizza that incorporates another Italian food favorite – shrimp scampi. Instructions for preparing this dish can be found in the recipe section of the Saint Peter’s Better Health Library. Each piece of this square-shaped pizza packs 14 grams of protein. A certified diabetes educator or general nutritionist can help you to figure out whether this dish fits into a customized eating plan. Additional nutritional information can be found on the Saint Peter’s library.
- Cooking spray
- 1 13.8-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 pound cooked and peeled shrimp , sliced lengthwise
- 6 cloves roasted* garlic
- 2 cups shredded part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil