If you are anything like Melissa Laffey, our outpatient nutritionist at the Saint Peter’s Adult Family Health Center, then you like to grill with sauces. The recipe below is her favorite to enjoy with a lean protein or just eat alone. As you can see, the ingredients for this salsa recipe includes a little bit of everything – the spicy and the sweet.
Avocado Mango Salsa
- 2 mangoes peeled and diced medium
- 2 avocados cut in half, remove pit and diced medium
- 2 jalapenos with seeds removed and pic removed, diced small
- 1 red onion diced small
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
Mix chopped ingredients in a bowl. For extra color and nutrients you can add a diced green, orange, yellow or red bell pepper. If you want to add spice, a dash of cayenne pepper should do it.